Today I am taking a little breather from all the fashion posts, and writing a post about a handful of things I have learned (that no one told me) since being proposed too. I can tell you right now, being engaged to is one of the best feelings in the world and I hope you all will experience it one day either soon or later in life. I have been engaged 5 months (WOW! time flies!) and I am still learning things daily about wedding planning, etc. This post kind of reminds me why I started blogging in the first place, because my love for writing so if I go on and on, I am simply sorry. 🙂
- You never really get used to saying fiancé. This is definitely true. Lane (my fiancé) gets caught saying “You’re the best girlfriend, I mean fiancé” ALLLLLL the time. Still. 5 months later. Haha! It is even harder when you have been with that person for years and then all of a sudden one day, you are calling each other something completely different out of the norm. Mostly because it feels as if you are in a dream, and you wake up a couple days (maybe even weeks) later thinking am I still engaged? By the time we get married, it may feel normal, but then we will be calling each other hubby & wife. 😛
- Everyone has different views for their wedding. This one you have to watch out for. While you may love an idea, your friend or person you’re talking to may hate it. There is NO right or wrong way to plan a wedding, so just remember some people are sensitive so you never want to go on and on about how stupid something is. Everyone is different, some people want small weddings, some people want extravagent weddings, some people want 2 bridesmaids, others may want 20. Either way, just watch what you say.
- You’ll watch wedding movies & tv shows differently. So can I be completely honest with you guys for a second? The week I got home from California when Lane proposed to me, the first tv show that I bought on Amazon Prime was “Say Yes to the Dress.” Like MULTIPLE SEASONS. I was obsessed. Still am, just not as much. Before I got engaged I would watch it when nothing was on television to pass time by, but I would have NEVER BOUGHT the entire season. Anyways, I learned a lot from it. What to do and what NOT to do when wedding gown shopping.
- You won’t be able to stop staring at your hand. Completely true. For 24 years, I never had anything sparkly on my hands, and one day I got a gorgeous diamond ring, so yes I find myself constantly staring at how beautiful my ring is every day. If you tell your fiancé that too, you’ll see how much their face lights up. They love hearing that <3
- People come out of nowhere. This is true for multiple things, not just weddings. I don’t really have to explain this one.
- All you want to do is Pinterest wedding inspo all day long. True story. All I want to do during my free time (or you know when I need to be studying) is look at wedding ideas. There is SOOOO much to choose from, and so many beautiful flowers and decor, like can I have one of each for every table?! 😛 Just kidding.
- This is truly an amazing time in your life. Planning a wedding is one of the biggest events in your life, and I believe it shouldn’t be stressful or something that makes you upset. It should truly be a blast picking out decor, flowers, dresses, venue, etc. and Pinterest makes your life like 80% easier during this time. Do you ever wonder what we ever did before Pinterest was created?! Lol.. Definitely makes planning a lot easier. Anyways, relax and don’t stress… everything will be perfect because what matters most will be right in front of your face (your fiancé….now husband), not the flowers on table 7.
Well, if you made it this far, I didn’t ramble too much for you! Anyone who is engaged have these things happen to them too?! 🙂 Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram.