If you watch my Insta-stories religiously (thank you if you do, you da best!), you’d know that I have very dry skin especially when Winter decides to come into town here in sunny Florida. If I don’t apply a moisturizer within 10 minutes of washing my face on a regular day, it starts tightening up and feeling uncomfortable so you can imagine what it’s like on a cold day. So basically, I live off of good day and night creams. I have tried multiple products from drugstore ($5-$15) to high-end ($50-$60). Some of my FAVORITE moisturizers are in the middle to lower end of that range and I wanted to share them with you in case you have the same problem as me.
Moisturizing day and night is EXTREMELY important to keep young and healthy looking skin when you’re older. What you do now to your skin effects what it will look like/how many wrinkles you will have in many years from now. You should really moisturize your entire body, but I am so bad about that, however, my face/neck is a different story! Below are my favorites and I’ll rank them for you as well. 🙂
- Kiehl’s Ultra Face Cream – my absolute favorite and will be purchasing again when mine is gone! This face cream is on the thicker side and spreads evenly on your face. This product does not feel greasy on my skin or like I need to keep re-applying it. The size I bought from Sephora is $27, but they do have a bigger size. I bought the medium-sized product so I could make sure I loved it first before spending the big $!
- Tula Hydrating Day & Night Cream – definitely a second fav! This product also is on the thicker side which is needed when you have dry skin. It also smells very good!
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel – not as thick as the two above, but works exceptionally well! I love how light this product feels on your skin and still does the job. You can buy this product at any drugstore too!
- Gold Bond – this is what I used before I really got into makeup outside of the drugstore! I will always swear by it too. It is on the thick side and does not feel as “light” on your skin, but if you don’t mind the thickness, this will be your best friend!
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – picked up this beauty about two years ago in a holiday kit and LOVED this repair cream. The other items were not as great and the cleanser made my face break out, but the moisturizer was BOMB! I was going to pick it up again once it was gone (it lasted me a year), but that is when I wanted to try the Tula products. I still would recommend this product to anyone!
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream – the cetaphil face wash is my holy grail and the moisturizer works just as good. I just don’t like to use a lot of the same brand because I don’t want my face getting “used” to it and I will probably never switch cleansers. If you’re looking for a good drugstore moisturizer, this and gold bond probably take a tie! 🙂
Let me know if you use any of these products or you have another product you LOVE for dry skin.
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week! XO