My mom and I took a quick little trip to Fort Lauderdale a few weeks back and I hadn’t been there since I was about 5 years old. That’s where my dad grew up running the roads and my grandma still lives so it was fun to be back! I can’t wait to go back with my dad this year to see what kinds of trouble he made and where. LOL!
I quickly realized there is a ton to do in Fort Lauderdale, the Yachting Capital of the World! Lots of gorgeous yachts at the marina! I wanted to do a quick little travel guide. Now we were only there for 48 hours BUT a lot of you sent in recommendations that I wanted to share 🙂
Where to stay:
Pelican Grand Beach Resort – hands down the best hotel! It is right on the beach so no crossing roads to get your feet in the sand. It’s gorgeous and has the best food and drinks too! The spa is amazing as well with views that are out of this world. If you want to know more about this hotel, check it out here. I wrote a whole blog post about it!
What to do:
- Las Olas Boulevard – super cute area to walk around! they have plenty of food, drinks, shopping, etc!
- Fishing Charter/Boat rentals
- Sunset Cruises
- Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
- Gondola Ride
- A1A street with lots of clubs/bars
- Flamingo Gardens
- Segway Tour
Where to eat:
- The Foxy Brown
- JB&C – Juice Bar & Cafe – best avo toast ever!
- Ocean2000 – inside Pelican Grand Beach Resort
- El Camino – omg best mexican ever
- Ann’s Florist Coffee & Wine Bar – SO good!
- Shooters Waterfront
- Steak 954
- Louie Bossi’s Pizzeria
We had such a blast and cannot wait to go back!!! 🙂