Where to stay: Casa Monica 100%! Hands down offers everything you need when you stay in St. Augustine! Here are a few reasons why:
- walking distance to everything downtown
- valet parking = don’t have to move your car the entire time
- amazing restaurant (offer breakfast, lunch & dinner and room service)
- heated pool and hot tub on second floor
- they have a starbucks inside the hotel
- have plenty of meeting space
- weddings are very popular at the hotel
- their spa!!!
- so much history you can learn while you’re there
- the rooms are very clean and spacious
Here are a few photos from our stay at Casa Monica. Lane & I stayed in the Anastasia Suite on the 4th floor. It was absolutely beautiful! They told us this suite is where the bridesmaids usually stay because all of the natural light in the room plus the staircase makes for beautiful photos. When we first walked in, I couldn’t believe how unique and amazing the room was! We literally walked in during sunset and I was in awe of the views!
We woke up the next morning and ate at Costa Brava which is the restaurant downstairs. All I have to say is that it was SO good. I had the avocado toast with an egg white on top and Lane had mini waffles and my goodness, probably one of the best avo toasts I’ve had. 10/10 recommend. We ended up renting a scooter for a few hours that day to explore St. Augustine a little more. Even though we’ve been coming here for 20+ years, it was fun to explore a little differently on a scooter. It was such a fun day!
We ended up coming back to the hotel and visited Costa Brava again but for dinner this time. Y’all, it was so good. I don’t think theres a meal they don’t have perfected. We had the cheese board and calamari (best calamari I’ve ever had!) and then we shared the filet!
I also cannot believe I haven’t told you about the drink I drank all weekend – oh my! The Lavender Lemonade (with vodka!) is life changing! So light and fresh and delish! I literally drank it at every single meal! SO GOOD!
The last day Lane & I booked massage appointments at the Poseidon Spa inside the Casa Monica. Let’s just say, WE NEEDED IT! The massages were on point. The pressure was perfect. We haven’t had a massage since before COVID, so we were so excited and it did not disappoint.
We had the best time in St. Augustine even though it’s a second home to us. We were able to stay and do things we have never done before and spend some quality time together!
Where to eat/dessert: St. Augustine is a great place to travel if you are a “foodie” as it offers to many options of restaurants/bars! I’m going to put an asterisk by the places I’ve personally been!
- *Costa Brava which is inside the Casa Monica! We had breakfast and dinner there and it was amazing both times. The menu has a wide variety and everything was cooked to perfection. Absolutely no complaints here! Get the Lavender Lemonade Keep scrolling for our breakfast pictures 🙂
- *Harry’s Seafood is another favorite! Lane & I ALWAYS get the fried green tomatoes. No one can make them as good as Harry’s. We’ve tested it haha!
- *Ice Plant! I’ve only drank here, but I’ve heard the food is good too! They do make some killer cocktails!
- The Floridian is a great place to go for date night!
- Prohibition Kitchen is right on the strip and perfect for drinks!
- *Sangria’s has the BEST banana sangria I’ve ever tasted. I was also kinda tipsy so if you have it and don’t like it – don’t blame me HAHA! I just remember always talking about it!
- *MOJO BBQ! If you want real BBQ, go here! So good!
- Burrito Works Taco Shop! So I’ve actually never gone to this location, but they have one out by the beach and it’s amazing. It’s one of those places everyone knows about.
- *MayDay Ice Cream is a must! Their flavors are insane and DELISH!
- *Speaking of ice cream, gotta always have Kilwins!
- *Hyppo’s Gourmet Ice Pops on a hot summer day is fantastic!
- *Cousteau’s Waffles IS A MUST!!! Omg – so good!! They make waffles into a dessert!
- *Pizza Time & Pizzalley’s are two great pizza places!
- *A1A is perfect – sit outside so you can have the view of the Bay!
- *OC White’s is a perfect summer day patio hang! Frozen drinks and seafood!
- *Chatsworth Pub is a cute little pub and offers high tea if you make a reservation!
- *Meehan’s is a great casual hang! Good drinks and food and an outdoor patio for hanging out!
- *Kookaburra is a really popular coffee shop right downtown! Coffee is very potent LOL
- St. Augustine Seafood Company!
What to do: Lots of fun things to do in the St. Augustine area!
- If you are staying at Casa Monica, obviously hanging out poolside! The pool there is absolutely beautiful and such a good spot to grab a cocktail and chill all day.
- Getting a massage at Poseidon Spa at the Casa Monica. Lane & I got a couples massage and it was fantastic!
- San Sebastian Winery Tour/Rooftop is always a must! Get the pretzel and beer cheese is SO good.
- We rented scooters from Solano Rentals and it was SO FREAKIN FUN! We’ve never done that before and we want to bring our friends next time and do it again.
- Piano Bar at night!
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument – lots of history and I definitely think everyone needs to check it out at least once.
- Ghost tours if you are into that sorta thing 😛
- Obviously the beach!!
- Shopping the little shops on St. George Street!
- Lighthouse tour!
- Old Trolley Train – you can find out the history of the city! Definitely recommend if you are a newbie!
- Lightner Museum – very very pretty!
- Checking out Flagler College – it’s such a beautiful college.
- Lots of bars so you can go bar hopping!
- Alligator Farm if you have kids!
Wow! This has been a very long blog post, but one that has been requested for a very long time! You have the best options when staying at the Casa Monica, because you are literally walking distance to 3/4 of the things I listed above!!! Park your car for a couple of days and not have to worry about it – that’s the best kind of vacation!
You can click here to book now 🙂